Physiotherapists use various tools for therapeutic purposes , these Physiotherapy Equipments are shown and described below with their Uses :
In Physiotherapy ‘Laser’ is being widely used for following various purposes :
- Tissue healing.
- Pain relief
- Reduce Inflammation
- Increase Blood flow
- Stimulate wound healing
- stimulate tissue regeneration
- Reduce scarring.
Ultrasound Physiotherapy Tools :
In Physiotherapy ‘Ultrasound’ is being widely used for following various Therapeutic purposes :
- Increases in tissue relaxation
- Increase in local blood flow
- Scar tissue break down
- Reduce local swelling
- Reduce chronic inflammation
- Promote bone fracture healing.
Goniometer Physiotherapy Equipments :
In Physiotherapy ‘Goniometer‘ is being widely used for Measuring the range of motion of following body Joints :
For Example :
Shoulder joint :
Normal ROM :
Abduction : 180 degrees
Adduction : 45 degrees
Horizontal extension : 45 degrees
Horizontal flexion : 130 degrees
Vertical extension : 60 degrees
Vertical flexion : 180 degrees
TENS Physiotherapy Equipments :
Uses of TENS are as follows :
- Use of Tens is A drug-free alternative way to treat the symptoms of pain.
- Use of TENS is also well effective in chronic pain.
- Use OF TENS is effective intervention in acute pain conditions.
- TENS is also effectively and extremely used in non-odontogenic orofacial pain relief.
- TENS and ultra low frequency-TENS are employed in the diagnosis and treatment of temporomendibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
- Tens is also used in postoperative and labour pain.
Electrical Muscle Stimulation :
Electrical Muscle Stimulation also known as electromyostimulation, is used for excitation of muscle contraction by using electrical Impulse. It is becoming popular among Physiotherapist.
- Prevention of disuse muscle atrophy.
- Weight Reduction.
- promote neural and muscular adaptations
Interferential Current Therapy :
Interferential current therapy is becoming most popular therapy used by many physiotherapist to relieve pain, reduce swelling and accelerate self-healing process.
- High Frequency.
- Penetrate the deeper tissue.
- Noticeable decrease in swelling and inflammation.
- Reduction of edema
- frequencies of 1-150Hz
Dr. Lax Spinal Trac :
- Heat therapy with far infrared ray.
- Spine Treatment.
- Massages and pats on the back.
Physiotherapy Ball Physiotherapy Tools :
Therapy ball is made of soft elastic, filled with air & having low weight. It is most commonly used in physiotherapy Clinics to help you develop balance & core body muscles, both in the back and abdomen.
Physical Therapy Eqyipments & Tools Video
Regards ; The Physio Club